Weight Loss Program
Weight Loss Medication FDA approved effective prescription weight loss medications Wegovy (semaglutide) Ozempic (semaglutide). Mounjaro (tirzepatide) If you’ve struggled with diets in the past and found yourself giving up because you felt deprived, you may be a good candidate for game changing anti-obesity FDA-approved prescription weight loss and may no need for bariatric surgery. These medications are used as a tool to help decrease hunger and cravings and reach and maintain a healthier weight.
Weight Loss Medication Q & A
Semiglutide: (Wegovy ,Ozempic and Rybelsus)
- How it works: It regulates your appetite to make you feel less hungry
- Side effects: nausea, diarrhea, indigestion, headache
Mounjaro : (tirzepatide)
Mounjaro is working on two hunger hormone receptors: GIP and GLP-1. The average weight loss with tirzepatide is an astonishing 22.5%. Like other GLP-1 medications, MounjaroTM (tirzepatide) is an injectable medication used once weekly, that aids in controlling blood sugar levels and may also support weight loss.
The novel thing about tirzepatide is that it also works on GIP receptors. When you eat food, GIP hormones cause your body to release insulin. But when your blood sugar falls, they stimulate glucagon secretion. Controlling these processes can help support weight loss beyond what GLP-1 medications alone can do.
Liraglutide: (Victoza and Saxenda)
- How it works:It makes you feel less hungry or full sooner
- Side effects:abdominal pain, headache, increased pulse
- Warnings:It is available only by injection. Could increase the chance of developing pancreatitis.
Another type of weight-loss medicine makes it harder for your body to absorb fat. Prescription weight loss drugs can be helpful when used in combination with a low-calorie diet and regular physical activity.FDA-approved medicine works in your digestive tract. It blocks the amount of fat your body can absorb.
- Brand name:Xenical
- How it works: It reduces the amount of fat your body absorbs.
- Side effects:diarrhea, gas, uncontrollable bowel movements, leakage of oily stool
- Warnings:It can reduce the amount of certain vitamins that your body can absorb You should take a multivitamin pill every day.
Plenity is a FDA-cleared weight loss aid that takes up space in your stomach and helps you feel fuller at meal time and throughout the day.
It is made from naturally derived building blocks found in fruits, vegetables, cellulose and citric acid, Plenity helps you feel satisfied. Plenity is indicated to aid weight management in adults with excess weight or obesity, a Body Mass Index (BMI) of 25–40 kg/m², when used in conjunction with diet and exercise.
The following medicines make you feel less hungry or full faster. They share common side effects, including constipation, dizziness, dry mouth, diarrhea, and nausea.
- Brand name:Contrave
- How it works:It makes you less hungry or fuller faster.
- Side effects:headache, increased blood pressure and heart rate, insomnia, liver damage, vomiting
- Warnings: Don’t use if you have untreated high blood pressure, seizures, or a history of anorexia or bulimia. Don’t use if you are dependent on opioid pain medicines or are withdrawing from drugs or alcohol. Don’t use if you are already taking bupropion (brand names Wellbutrin, Zyban). This medicine could increase suicidal thoughts or actions.
- Brand name: Qysmia
- How it works:It decreases appetite and makes you feel full sooner
- Side effects: taste changes (especially carbonated beverages), tingling of hands and feet, trouble sleeping
- Warnings:Tell your doctor if you have had a heart attack, stroke, abnormal heart rhythm, kidney disease, or mood disorder. Do not take if you have hyperthyroidism or glaucoma. This medicine could cause birth defects. Do not use if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or breastfeeding.